Practical, real-world mindfulness for those who can’t go to a retreat or find a calm stream to meditate next to.
In Modern Mindfulness, Rohan Gunatillake argues that to lead more mindful, calm and happy lives, switching off is the last thing we need to do. Instead he gives readers ideas, principles, and techniques to bring awareness, composure, and kindness whatever they are doing. Filled with over sixty practical exercises, the author’s mobile mindfulness approach gives the benefits of meditation to even the busiest of lives.
Ideas from Modern Mindfulness:
- Learn to fade out instead just falling asleep
- Learn to watch TV mindfully (yes, it’s possible!)
- Make mobility part of mindfulness (we’re always on the move!)
- Use technology for good instead of evil (no need to do a digital detox).
- Learn to “whack-a-thought” and stay centered